Entrecarders: how do you drop?

I've got a question for all you Entrecarders out there. How do you drop? Do you strictly hit the blogs on your drop inbox? Do you have a drop list (if so, is it a page you have published, or a bookmark list, or some other method?) Do you drop-and-hop using the widgets? Do you do it some other way?

I'm one who almost never hits the 300-card limit or even close, but I tend to "drop and hop." What I mean by this is, I start at my drop inbox for today with my latest dropper. At that page, I drop, then I hop to the blog in the Entrecard widget, drop and hop to the next, until I reach one that I've already dropped on. Then I go back to my inbox, hit refresh, and start at the next one I haven't dropped on. Generally, I've got seven or eight open tabs as I go along, and after I drop them, I check out each blog to see if I'm interested in reading the post or if I want to comment on something as I'm closing tabs to go back to the inbox.

Granted, this is a slow method, but I'm usually more interested in seeing what the latest posts are than getting in my maximum drops for the day. I find that this method reciprocates those who have dropped on my blog (since I'm clearing my inbox as I go), and it lets me see a wide variety of blogs every day because I'm hitting the blogs shown on other people sites, so it's a different group of bloggers every day. It also rewards those who are using the service to advertise on other people's blogs.

So, how do you drop and why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans