Enjoy the journey

I've decided to adopt that as my new motto: Enjoy the journey. Even if you don't know where you're going, enjoy the journey.

I'm trying to embrace life. Some interesting possibilities have arisen. Of course, each time, it seems that something falls through, and those possibilities fail to come to fruition. But it's not as if I've lost anything, really. You can't miss something that you never had.

I'd been thinking about a trip to Seattle to see G when he came around. But now he tells me the trip might not happen. So I'd been planning on it, but if it's not going to happen, it's not going to happen. I wasn't able to make the trip the last time he came over from England earlier this year. Of course, now I sort of wonder if it would have happened even if I had managed to work things out on my end. I guess, if it were meant to happen, it would.

I've still got a trip to Tampa to possibly look forward to - if that can happen. Ironically, I can probably only go if I DON'T get a job before then. My friend F, whom I went out to see when he came to the U.S. in February (Vegas), is coming back over and has offered to fly me down for a sort of mini-vacation. I'm due for another little getaway. Life at home is pretty uninspiring, so I need the occasional break from it to reinvigorate and revitalize - otherwise I just feel as though I'm slowly winding down....

Who knows? There might even be something else on the horizon that could make things more interesting... but it's really too soon to tell. These possibilities can sneak up on a person though, and one never knows where they might lead.

So I'm just going to enjoy the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans