"I want, I want, I want ... but that's crazy"

Saturday, June 7, 2008

I don't wanna think about today

I swear I felt almost normal today. I didn't have to work this morning, so I was able to sleep a little bit later than usual. My tummy felt just a touch out of sorts, but I was able to breathe through it. I even managed a little lunch and a small dinner later too. I laughed. I smiled. I tried not to think about it, because the reality is a thousand times worse today. I'm trying not to think about it.

It's a gray, dreary, wet day, and all the wind we've been having suddenly has stopped dead. We've still got the heat and the humidity, though, so the dead still is not a good thing. I wanted to take the kids out today, but there's just nothing we can do outside in this weather. I really wanted to get out and get occupied today. I don't want to think about it. I really, really hate thinking about it today.

I wanted to watch soccer today, and I discovered that my local cable company (through which I also get my Internet access) was not carrying either of the games - although I could get golf on 14 channels or so...and drag racing.....and baseball....and girls high school volleyball...and NASCAR....and college baseball. The only place I could watch soccer was on Telemundo - in Spanish - and it was the wrong game. So I tried the UEFA site. Great! They've got live streaming for free in the U.S.! Wait.... It's through ESPN 360. Ok - I go there and try that.... DENIED! My Internet service provider/cable company does not support ESPN 360 streaming. I was left with one option. And I did it. I actually PAID for access to the videos - offered after the games are completed - for the tournament. I'm not sure how much I paid, either. What's the current conversion for U.S. dollars to euros, anyway? The first game has just been made available, and I've got it running now. This better be good.....

2 comments:

WhoIsMarc? said...

don't worry you'll be better soon ^_^ and yeah don't over think about it, makes you feel worse if you worry too much.

enjoy the rest of the weekend :)

Rachel S said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I really AM getting better....It's slow, but it's happening. :)