Welcome back, smile :)

I woke up to a smile in my inbox this morning, and it stayed with me the whole day. :)

I took the girls out for sushi for lunch. The ladies at the sushi place just love us. For months after they opened, every time we came in they were just fascinated by the fact that Munch and Gin not only love their sushi (the real stuff - raw fish and everything!!), but they even eat it with chopsticks! In fact, Munch told me to specifically mention in my blog that sushi is her favorite food. When she had to write a book of her favorite things for school this year, she proudly announced to me that she was the only one in her first-grade class who'd even eaten sushi before, and she's always proud to tell everyone that it's her FAVORITE FOOD IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

We got back just in time for the start of the soccer game. I was cheering for Germany just for the joy of watching Christiano Ronaldo lose. And for Michael Ballack to win. (Mmmmm......hottie!) My sports curse doesn't seem to be carrying over into the soccer world. Or maybe it's just because they're so far away. Hmmm..... Maybe it has something to do with all that water in between.

Of course, all that water is serving as a bit of a barrier to more than just my sports curse, but I'm hoping that particular barrier will be overcome soon. Wish me luck on that particular front. And there's that smile again. :) It's good to have it back.

I'm planning a day trip with Gin and Pooh (and Pooh's girlfriend) for next week. We're planning on hitting Cedar Point on Thursday. We're all roller coaster nuts, and Gin's grown to 52 inches this year, so she can ride all the big ones now. She's looking forward to checking out the Top Thrill Dragster (420 foot drop and 120 miles per hour in under four seconds!!! That's 130 meters and 190 kph for my international friends.). Check out the video:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans